[Dailydrool] Other Peoples Hounds

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 14:52:13 PDT 2013

I have been a little behind on our daily drools since the big move so I know this is a little late but I just had to get in on this one.
Other peoples hounds don't:
Start demanding supper at 3:30 PM when they know dang good and well that supper is served at 5pm. (Ruger)
Don't demand a Kong filled with treats promptly after they have eaten their supper (Ruger)
Don't have the ability to be able to tell when the chicken jerky has finished dehydrating and then demand that said jerky be taste tested, bagged and secured. (Ruger..."It might not be fit for houndie consumption or Coyotes might come in and steal it")
Don't lay on their backs or sides like they are posing for an issue of PlayDog (Colt & Ruger)
Don't run through the house wildly swinging their head back and forth like a psychedelic rhinoceros. (Colt)
Don't sleep howl at 2-3am scaring the ba-gee-bees out of their momma (Colt)
Don't work as a well oiled pack of a 2 hound squirrel hunting and killing party. (Both)
Don't wait until the last of the 2 humans goes to fix a dinner plate (we eat dinner on the couch in front of the TV)  then jumps in the humans seat and then are so offended when the human scooches them over to the middle of the couch...we have a dual reclining couch (usually Ruger but Colt will get in on the game to.)
Don't think that they are 53 - 65 lb lap dogs...sometimes both hounds in the same lap at the same time.
Don't chase each other through the house, bouncing off couches & love seats like a couple of wild hyenas. Which they are doing now as I type this.
Don't stand just out of the humans reach barking at the human...just to make the human get up to chase after them to get them to stop barking.  And no he doesn't want anything other than to jerk your chain. (Ruger)
Don't pick and eat figs right off of the fig tree. (Both)
Don't double as a kitchen vacuum cleaner. (Colt aka the Hoover Hound)

I know that I will think of more once I hit the send button...but that's all I got for now.
Drool to all that need it.
Michele, Colt & Ruger at Howling Hound Acres
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...