[Dailydrool] Crime scene mystery

Adrienne Gillespie clara at spiritone.com
Wed Jul 31 12:56:44 PDT 2013

Fiona is recovering well & thanks again for all the well wishes. I had a
bit of a scare yesterday, though.

Because she had a tumor removed from her mouth, Fiona is to eat only
soft foods for the next 2 weeks.The vet said I could soak kibble and
that had been my intention. However, I had a sample of a dehydrated food
called The Honest Kitchen (It was called Force). I prepared this because
soaking kibble takes so long and she LOVED it. SO I decided to go out &
get a 2 week supply. (I'd be curious to hear if anyone else uses THK
because I think I might switch to it permanently).

I was gone for 30 min. max.Fiona woe her cone the entire time and both
girls were glad to see me when I returned. We hung out for a bit, then I
went to my bedroom where I encountered a blood-splatered wall.Yup, CSI
could have made a movie there. OK< that's a bit of an exaggeration, but
it scared the heck out of me. I ran to Fi & checked her out all was well
aside from a dab of blood on her tail.

My theory is that she wagged when she heard me coming home and sent
blood flying.I called the vet and it was suggested that she was most
likely OK, to keep an eye on it and bring her in if it bleeds more,  and
a little spray of blood can look like a lot. Crisis averted.

Just to make you laugh a little more: her naked tail stump looks like a
little penis. I never realized how often she wags it, even just a
little. The wags are so much more noticeable when her tail is naked.

--
Adrienne Gillespie
http://booksandbassets.wordpress.com