[Dailydrool] Diabetes Insipidus

Linda Gardner hockeyphans at verizon.net
Fri Jul 26 04:43:29 PDT 2013

Our Bubba was diagnosed with DI after we started fostering him when he
was eight.  Once he was diagnosed, we adopted him.  Can't help but
think the peeing and the drinking is what put him in rescue.  His was
very easily controlled with desmopressin - one drop in one eye in the
a.m. and a second drop in the other eye in the p.m.  Some people have
better success with injections.  Once the drops were started, the
change was almost instantaneous.  We were fortunate to live down the
road from Fallon's Pharmacy who compounded the eye drops.  They're
quite reasonable and do Internet orders.  Unfortunately we only had
Bubba for two years before he went to the Bridge.

Linda Gardner
Barney - the ancient one
Hannah - I'm no longer Hurricane Hannah!!  I'm Honey Pie Hannah!