[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood the Hero!!!

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Jun 4 17:53:20 PDT 2013

Momma here. Hear that noise??? That is my heart still pounding like a base drum.  This story gives me pause shall we say. Brudder Jake is my big red dog as we call him. A huge basset, he is not fat, just 80 pounds of solid basset. Solid with a attitude. Jake is a fearful dog, he does not play well with others. Back in his prior life, he was used as a punching bag by a man that also beat his wife, and was used as a bait type dog just for fun-hence his issues. Jake loves his nightly walk, he struts, it is his time, we have a certain route we go every night as I know where every dog lives, I keep him safe.
Tonight, Jake and I were about 8 houses from home, hubby and Elwood ahead of us, about a house. Well, you guessed it, a large brown dog got out of a unlatched gate and this one made a beeline for Jake and I. It was not good, the brown dog had a purpose here, and kicking Jakes tail was first on his mind.  I was screaming for Wayne, the growling had begun, hair standing straight up down Jakes back. Jake was terrified, and a fearful dog will be a biting dog. Wayne and Elwood came running, and Bless Da Brudder Elwood. I seen him look from one dog to the other and he gave a warning bark, just enough to distract the charging dog. Wayne threw me Elwoods leash, and grabbed the brown dog which luckily had on a collar. Wayne was dragging the other dog across the street, Jake is now on the moon, I am doing my best to keep Jake away from Elwood-----when he gets like this, he is so upset he will go after Elwood and I know it. This had to of been a sight mind you------so at that same time that hubby is now tucking the brown dog back in his yard, the homeowner comes home. Here is hubby coming out of the yard and the man yelling hey--whats going on???? Hubby explains and I look and here they are laughing and I am now dragging Jake and Elwood home. All is safe, all is well--well as I can expect that is. Jake is so upset, I have told him how good he was, and praised Elwood for his hero actions of saving his brudder. Who would of thought that one???
I aged another 10 years tonight---but the boys are safe.
Brudder Elwood is my hero!!!!

Drool to all in need!!

Debbie & the Virginia Beach Gang