[Dailydrool] Sassy, post op report

Gaylene Opal-Deitering gaylene at umich.edu
Wed Jun 5 08:43:23 PDT 2013

First, sorry for asking for help on the drool.  I forgot the rules in my
very stressed out state.  When in trouble with the dogs, the first place to
go is to other droolers, and that was all I could think of to keep from
falling apart.  It is up on Facebook now.

So, Sassy came home last night, I fitted her with a tee shirt to keep the
wound from picking up an junk. She is still not inclined to eat, so i am
giving her some vanilla Ensure via oral syringe, and her antibiotic the
same way.  Food is important at this point because the pain meds make her
tummy upset.  I am off work today, and she will go to my moms tomorrow so
that she can be watched during the day. I have to get her to eat, so please
sling some "Eat, Sassy, eat" drool our way.  I am sure it will help.

Oh, she ate a couple of baby carrots, so something actually appeals to her,
even though it won't do her much good.

Thanks for all the drool and prayers!

--
Gaylene and Sassy