[Dailydrool] Dale checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 7 10:45:42 PDT 2013

Hi all,

It's been SO quiet lately, I feel like it's me, Pam, Bev, Debbie and Marlene in
a conversation.  Is everyone ok?

As for life at my house we have all been sighing a deep, deep sigh of relief.
Especially Gracie.  Who is sound asleep.  With Snoopy.  Who is also sound
asleep.  With his head resting on her rump.  These 3 are charging around as a
pack and settling down as a pack and the tension between Snoopy and Gracie is
GONE, GONE, GONE.  Which of course is good.  And bad.  Gracie now feels
more empowered to steal stuff.  I am remembering now that all the trouble
between them started over a corned beef sandwich which Gracie stole and then
Snoopy clobbered her and took it away.  Apparently there were harsh words at the
time and harsh feelings later which escalated and lasted months and made us all
miserable and threated to be permanent.  And then Aunt Sandy stepped in and did
her thing and made Snoopy "flower drops" and he gets his flower drops on his
skin 3 times a day and everything is lovely at my house.

LuLu is pretty bossy.  Today I came home from Yoga (shhhhhh, I work from home on
Fridays and that meeting I have every Friday from 9-10 .... yup .... it's at the
Yoga studio down the street ...... shhhhhh) and all 3 dogs greeted me barking
and jumping all over each other.  Well I went to pet Snoopy and LuLu jumped up
and yelled and shoved herself in between us so I turned to Gracie and LuLu
shoved her away.  So I did pet and cuddle LuLu but then when Snoopy had his turn
she tried it again and I firmly pushed her away and told her NO and cuddled
Snoopy.  And then when I went to cuddle Gracie same thing, LuLu barked and tried
to push Gracie away and I had to firmly tell her NO to get to cuddle Gracie.
LuLu is actually very bossy.

The high school is out.  The middle school has 2 more days.  So Julianne is home
and Snoopy was cuddling her some this morning.  He loves this time of year when
she is around a lot.  It lasts a week and a half.  I actually love it too but
shhhhhh don't tell my teenager.  I hate summer camp as much as Snoopy does but
the kids have gone for many years and they have friends that they only see there
and it means the world to them.  They get off the transports at the end of
summer wearing shirts that say "Camp is life, the rest is just details."  And
they really feel that way.  Natalie will be back the first week in August.  But
Julianne is getting older and the older kids program runs the week after school
lets out to the week before school starts and she'll be gone the whole summer.
First time for me.  First time for Snoopy.  I am afraid it is going to be a LONG
summer.

More later from the ever clueless momPerson who is going to go play with
Julianne