[Dailydrool] Drooler on hols

rebecca stanton pummorse at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jun 16 02:06:16 PDT 2013

 This happened a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to write about it.  Dad slave and friend went over on the boat to a pub for lunch, and Morse and I motored round to meet them (I must get him a life jacket).  We were sat down eating lunch outside when suddenly a woman appeared at the side of us with a besotted look on her face, one that I recognised immediately as being "one of us".  Yes, she was on holiday and had had to leave her basset behind (not sure why she had to, but sounds like a criminal offence to me!) and was suffering dreadful withdrawal.  Much to my amusement she then proceeded to sniff Morse's ears and his neck (which I am not sure smelt too bassety as he had just rolled on the beach in something, and was covered up to his neck in the shore mud he had just waded in), but she was happy and Morse loved it, finding it entirely normal for someone to want to stick their nose in his ears. She went on her way happily, having had her basset fix.  Ah, droolers, we are a special breed.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB