[Dailydrool] lipfold pyoderma

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 21 11:08:55 PDT 2013

I have been absent for a very long time, and am trying to play catch up. My 14 yr. old,Ms.Carlie Jane (she doesn't like it if you forget the Ms.). Anyway she has a bad case of lip fold pyoderma. I need to wash it every day, and then I put on an ointment. I know it bothers her, and I was wondering if anyone has any other ways of successfully treating it. We've finished a round of antibiotics. I feel terrible I missed this. I work for my vets, so you would think I would know better. In my defense, Ms. Carlie Jane has so many folds, I was missing washing the two folds that are currently inflamed. I know keeping it dry is key, but how in the world can you do it?Any input would be great.
Janet, Yogi, Dolly, Bunny and Ms.Carlie Jane