[Dailydrool] Countess Penny of Indiana ATB

Mary Ann sushiela at michiana.org
Mon Jun 24 03:13:08 PDT 2013

Two weeks ago Penny went to the rainbow bridge. She like being an only dog after Mandy the Cocker Spaniel & her Aunt Pwincess Sadie went to the bridge. Penny was anti-social but obedient only to me. Her cancer came back in her heart. The vet said she will either have a heart attack or bleed out. She lived longer than anticipated. Usually its 3 months, 6 if you are a lucky one & Penny went to over 10 months. They said keep looking at her gums & they were extremely pale & would not eat anything. She started to vomit but nothing was coming out but foam & you could tell she was in distress & her stomach kept getting bigger (thinking she's bleeding out). A girl from the vet's office came & we took Penny to the emergency vet (a place I hate) After I was done signing papers & bent down to tell Pe...nny to hold on, she wagged her tail & left me. The girl from the vet's office yells into the back room - she's gone. The emergency vet came in & said her heart is not beating & I'm crying - I'm so sorry. The vet said don't be sorry, you were here with her. I told Penny I loved her but it was too late, she was already gone. They cleaned her up & the vet said she died from bloat. I said she hasn't eaten in a few days & when she did eat I made it a point to soften her hard food with water & feed it to her 12 hours later. The emergency vet said she inhaled all that air & she bloated from that. She also said this might have been painful for Penny to go thru but it might have been the easiest way since the vet didn't think she would have found a vein with her loss of blood & pale gums. Now I go to work and have no one to tell - I love you, guard the house.
With Penny being in remission - I did not want to stress her out so I never left her with anyone. It would be a major problem. I know how she is. Now I need to focus on myself since I'm been ill & these doctors here need to find out what is wrong with me. She was not happy when we had to spend the night somewhere else after that plane crashed into the house down the street.