[Dailydrool] Diabetes

Eva DeVaughn babynugs2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 22:10:50 PDT 2013

I had a diabetic dog too. She came into rescue and was only $35 with al of her vetting. I thought I got a deal. NOT. Everyone remembers Twiggy. She was the basset at the National's and MBR's Waddle that walked on the tables to get food. LOL I really did try to control her but she was quick.
 Has your vet done a 10 hour sugar testing?? That is the first thing you need to do so he can regulate the insulin with the food.  Twiggy was constantly hungry so I fed her pumpkin 2 times a day in between her 3 meals. Do not get pumpkin pie filling it is all sugar get her plain pumpkin.  She would just put her front feet on the table and I would give her her shot. She got 2 a day. She like it better in the hip even tho they said to do it in the back of the neck by the shoulders by making a pup tent to stick the syringe in. She did not even feel them. If you want to contact me off line feel free to.
Eva and Princess Nugget ATB
http://www.ohiobassetrescue.com/
Check out the new Bassetfest shirts. They are wild and selling like hot cakes!! You also get a free love bead necklace to the first 100 orders.