[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 30 09:38:54 PDT 2013

Resend .... seems it didn't go through!

________________________________
 From: Dale Rutz <dalerutz at sbcglobal.net>
To: An internet mail list designed to entertain and inform basset hounds and their people. <dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:52 PM
Subject: Snoopy checking in

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

Friday was my birthday, I turned 8 years old Friday.  The clueless momPerson sang the happy birthday song all day long.  In english, in hebrew, all kinds of languages but over and over happy birthday Snoopy.  It was a pretty good birthday, I got a new dragon and I got steak for dinner and I got extra special birthday treats and I got belly rubs.  So, in a nutshell I got loved on and sung to and presents and FOOD.  I had a pretty good birthday.

This little Gracie has been a very good girl.  She got her own dragon and she didn't complain when I stole it outright (it WAS my birthday after all) and so I shared all the special birthday cookies with her 1 for 1 and didn't complain when she got steak in her dinner too just so long as she didn't get as much as me.

LuLu is my best friend, I love LuLu.  We had a bit of an issue earlier in the week when I saw her eat something off the floor out of the corner of my eye and I thought it was Gracie and I tackled her.  Wound up with a split lip over that little mistake.  It's nearly healed and I haven't tackled ANYONE since, you just can't be too careful around here it seems.  Anyway, she loves me and she thinks I am her puppy and she snuggles me and cuddles me so I love LuLu it was all just a mistake.

The clueless momPerson is getting lazy and put on about 4 lbs so I enrolled her in the California Sprint Triathlon which was Saturday in Pleasanton.  Unforunately it was about 105 today in Pleasanton which was not so pleasant as I hear but she did ok, 1/2 mile swim in the lake, 14 mile bike and a 5K run and she got done in under 2 hours and they didn't let the momPersons and dadPeople run in the street they made them stay inside the park like good momPersons and dadPeople.

It is kind of hot here so we stay inside.  We don't get up on furniture when it's hot (even though it's 75 inside we won't get on the furniture if it's hot outside).  The dadPerson went down and bought us a couple of more dog beds (we're up to 5 now in various places) and threw them in corners of rooms.  We use those ..... and little Gracie will grab them and drag them around the house (even though they are BIG) and put them where she wants to lay, even turns them over sometimes.  She is the dickens.

More later from Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of missing objects