[Dailydrool] A story for Arfur

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Mar 5 14:11:24 PST 2013

Dear Arfur:
I have a story to tell you. This weekend the mama heated up a pork roast she'd had in the freezer. It was all cooked, so she defrosted it and cut some off and  for the human dinners. Then she left the rest on the counter for a little while. (Think you can see where this is going? Think again.)

Duncan Thefairlyuselessc at t was called that by Jane because occasionally he's really helpful. He grabbed the roast off the counter, even though it was longer than he was. It wasn't wider than he was, so he managed to drag it into the living room.

When I saw it, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. One growl, and the useless cat dropped the meat. I was on it in a moment, and he had no chance at it. Horton and Dex know better than to argue with ME.

But the mama saw this part of it and had a hissy! She didn't dare drag it out of my mouth--she's been bitten too many times, though never by me, and once she landed in the hospital for three days, so she doesn't do that kind of thing. She did something even worse. She let me eat it, though she kept grousing about how bad I was all the time. But she refused to give me dinner. That meant Dexter and Horton got their food, but I only got water.

You'd think even a dim-witted human could figure out I still needed my dinner! But I went hungry that night. Mama was still pretty mad at me, I guess. But that roast sure was tasty!
Holly the Dashing Basset, who still hasn't quite forgiven the mama