[Dailydrool] Mean dogs...

Vikki Grauf fudgelady_vikki at att.net
Wed Mar 6 11:36:06 PST 2013

I would like to comment on the thread about mean dogs in the neighborhood, and
what to do about this.....

Where I live is very rural, and every night dadperson walks the hounds when he
comes home.
We have no close neighbors, but an assortment of wildlife, mainly snakes. Many
of you may remember some of my occasional snake story. My favorite response
being the lady that wrote me and said "woman you live in a Steven King movie,
get out now, take the dogs, leave everything else, you can buy a new wardrobe"
hahaha.....

Ok, I'm getting off the subject.

Anywhoo, I always noticed dadperson walks the houndage with a shovel on his
shoulder. Not wanting to rock the boat, as the dogs were being walked, and I
didn't have to do it, finally inquired about it one day.

He just calmly replied it was for protection of him and the dogs, come what may.
Sounds good to me.

Then it occurred to me, this may be the answer to the folks that are concerned
about mean dogs. And it can work for you on two levels. The first level is
an obvious one, but the second level is much more interesting......
You are now being thought of as the dangerous neighborhood kook!!!! Who wants to
tangle with the neighborhood whack job?!? Nobody. If you don't mind the
neighbors running in the opposite direction when they see you coming, this could
be the answer to your problems....