[Dailydrool] Thank you

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:28:54 PST 2013

I just want to say thank you to all the droolers that have responded on Facebook, via email, and the list about Gunter.  I can't believe how many people have sent kind words to us, and I wish I could tell you all how much it's helped.  I will respond to everyone, I can only handle doing a few a day right now, the tears are still coming over anything.  Brian and I appreciate it more than you can know.
The cats won't leave me alone, they are doing mom shifts whenever I am home - when one is done, another one comes by us and they switch.  I'm sure Gunter is directing them from the bridge.  Wulfie is really sad, he doesn't want to do anything.  I have to practically drag him outside to potty.  He is eating, but other than that just stays on the couch or looks for Gunter and that's it.  Any suggestions on how to help him would be really appreciated.  I wasn't able to take him with when we let Gunter go, so I think he doesn't realize he is gone?  They were very bonded, he's known Gunter since he was a baby, we used to bring him to visit the puppies every weekend until Wulfie was old enough to come home.  He just looks around the house and yard  for Gunter and cries.  It breaks my heart.   Both Brian and I have thought that we should start looking at rescues to find another basset for him.  I know it's only been a few days, but I am worried about him.  He's a really sensitive little guy and I hate to see him hurting.
I'm taking him to my friend's house after work tomorrow, she has two Irish Setters and I'm hoping that playing with them will help him a little bit.

Kim with Wulfgang, Gunter ATB and the c at ts