[Dailydrool] Scooby

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 20:53:50 PST 2013

I am going to suggest that Scooby visit a Vet asap, and get an x-ray of
that leg. Tomorrow morning.
Probably it is nothing.
Probably it is arthritis and you will hate me for wasting your money.
Because that's what I thought when Mr.Cooper Sir began limping, and so I
waited.

And when he was still limping two weeks later, when I got back from a trip,
I took him in. Because at that point, I knew, deep in my heart what it was.

And we took an x-ray and there it was. No second opinion needed. A classic,
textbook case of Osteosarcoma.
Standing by the x-ray table with Dr C., he looked at me and said
"Do you want to take that leg off today, or tomorrow?"

Cooper lived another (almost) 2 yrs before another cancer got him. He
wasn't the least bit bothered by suddenly have 3 legs. In fact, two days
later he walked out of the hospital without help.

When your dogs seem off or sore, and it lasts more than a day or two take
them in. Get an x-ray or at least a professional opinion. Those guys didn't
spend all that time and money becoming Veterinarians without learning
SOMEthing-- make them earn that money.*

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley & Doc

*(Actually, I have met some I thought managed to escape without learning
very MUCH....)