[Dailydrool] Max

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 11:57:38 PDT 2013

Jackie,

I am in tears after reading your post. I know how hard it is to have to
make a decision, and one that is best for Max.

The one thing that I didn't see you mention was money, and if money is no
object, then that's a different subject. For me it was. It always will be,
I'm afraid. I am not using that as an excuse, its just the reality that I
have to live in.

When my awnry Arnie got sick, it was that he went lame. I had a very clear
request from him after a couple of days. It was clear that the pain, and
the hardship of not walking, were just too much for him.

When I notified the Drool family, I got some letters begging me not to let
him go yet, that he could see a surgeon, that they could this, or they
could that. And I KNOW that those people were not trying to say that I was
doing something wrong, they just wanted me to be sure to give the awnry
Arnie, that furry liddle cweep, as I so pawfectionately called him; a
fighting chance. They were not trying to be critical, I understand that
now. At the time, I kind of felt like they were telling me i was wrong, and
that's not what they meant at all. They just cared about me, and Arnie, and
wanted him to be okay.

I wish I had the right answer, the right thing to make it all
better.....but I do not. Know that you and your sister are in my thought
and prayers, and know that the Caspaw Cwew is sending Dwool to you, and to
Max and your sister.

No matter what you decide, it is obvious that Max is loved, and cared for
deeply. He knows that. And that's what matters, he knows that you and your
sister love him and care about him. He might tell you what to do. Arnie
did. I don't mean literally of course, but he had been so abused for most
of his life. He had been sick for the last few months, and we almost lost
him once before he went lame.

My heart goes out to you. The Drool family is here. always here for you.
Just as they have been for me.

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe

Boomer

Arnie ATB
Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604