[Dailydrool] agressive

Jacqueline MARANGOS marangos6 at orange.fr
Mon Mar 25 11:05:19 PDT 2013

I have a real problem with my 3 year old basset girl. She is becoming more and more agressive. If we meet someone on a path she will rush up to them and as they start to move away she chases their heels trying to bite them. So today the postman came - I stroked her saying 'its ok "Fendi" this is a "friend" and she was ok smelt his hand etc. although had her tail between her legs the whole time he was at the door. When he turned to go back to his van she ran after him trying to bite his heels. Also last night I tried to move her from her comfortable television seat to her crate at bedtime and she turned nasty and bit me.
I slapped her and shouted that she was naughty but didn't seem to have any effect.
Does anyone have any cure for this - any advice on what to do would be really welcome. I don't want an agressive dog - my 6 grandaughters are coming for Easter. Help.
Thanks everyone,

Jackie