[Dailydrool] Benadryl

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Mar 9 20:40:27 PST 2013

I used to give Holly Benadryl (and other stuff) for her grass and outdoor
allergies, but stopped after reading on the Drool that Benadryl raises eye
pressure and not to give it to a dog that has glaucoma or has eye pressure
problems.  If you read the packaging, it does say don't use if you have high
blood pressure or glaucoma.  Since I dread one of the dogs getting glaucoma,
we switched to generic Claritin, and it seems to work fine for every day
use.  I still have some Benadryl in the house in case of emergencies, like
bee stings that cause swelling, etc., but it's just for emergencies now.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net