[Dailydrool] counter cruising

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 17:34:51 PDT 2013

OMG, Pierre Jr. is a master, and he is a table cruise and an everything cruiser.  I don't love him less for it, and the only time it upsets me is when he gets something that will harm him.  Ergo, the human made a mistake.  Jr. is just so cute to watch in his quest, tho, as he dances on his hind feet from the start of the stove (I have learned to only cook on the back burners now, lest he hurt his paws), and he tip toes, still just on his back feet, down the side of the kitchen past the stove till he arrives at the dishwasher, and of course he closes the handle there, and then to the sink.  He patrols the counter on the other side as well, but since Max got sick, I bought a new microwave for fast cooking for him (that is such another long story, Max is well, but the cooking and cleaning for him is so over board, but at least Sis is starting to help more.)  The microwave give height, so now I put things on top when it is not in use.
I love my Mr. Pierre Jr. so much, and every day is a new experience, and I am grateful, humbly grateful that for now, all hounds are happy and doing well.
But as they age and have complaints, they are totally getting louder.  Is this common with a herd of elder bassets?  The barking is mostly at out times, when they want a treat, so loud.  That part, I will try to figure out.
Healing drool to all in need
Jackie and the herd