[Dailydrool] cleaning services

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 07:44:05 PDT 2013

Jeff,
    I own a commercial and residential cleaning service.  I also have more dogs then good sense!  My house is never as clean as my clients' EVER!!!  I currently clean a house for a husband and wife who breed and show dobermans.  They have 10 dogs all of which are house dogs and every where, like mine are, and I have no trouble cleaning their house.  I have 10 dogs myself and they are allowed access to all rooms--I probably should have drawn the line some where!!!  I have no trouble shuffling dobes while I clean and I do not find them problematic because I am paid and paid handsomely to do so.  If I felt I couldn't do the job or didn't want to I would never have taken the job in the first place!
    I have worked for this family for four years and I also pet sit for them frequently.  I find that I usually love my clients' dogs more then I enjoy the clients!!!  I really look forward to seeing them.  I would say 90% of my clients have pets.  Most Americans have pets so consequently, I think it is unreasonable to think that only petless people have their houses professionally cleaned.  Frankly, I find houses with children WAAAAAYYYYY more challenging.  Kids throw their crap every where and rarely pick up after themselves.
    I work for allot of families who have teenagers going to college who have never made their own bed, washed their own laundry, washed a dish, or cooked a meal!!!  I don't think mommy/daddy is doing them any favors making them helpless and unable to care for themselves on a very elemental level.  But, this is another story...
    I have absolutely no problem with family pets.  Most are quite clean and pets are family members like children--end of story.  I would complain to the cleaning company owner too and seek a private housecleaning service that is pet friendly.  I always let my clients' pets out to potty, usually give them treats if this is acceptable, and lots of hugs and kisses.  I am a dog nut!
    (My mini-van is doggy smelling too from Newfs, Saints, and bassets!!!  I detail it myself but I don't think the the effects of the process last that long!)
    Bottom line is call another service and I would suggest that you only interview and get an estimate from the actual person who will be cleaning your home.  I would also suggest calling references, making sure you have a good feeling about them , and that  you like them.  Ultimately, you are trusting this person with your most precious assets--your family, your pets, your privacy, and your house!!!  But be prepared to pay for a good person.  Cleaning people need to earn a good living so we can continue to work providing people with quality service!
    I have gotten allot of jobs because cleaning people don't show up or STEAL much more so then them just doing a crappy job!  My references and long term clients always work in my favor.  I am happy to provide references and that way the new client can ask my other clients any questions they wish.
Good luck seeking a new cleaning service!

Marie Campbell & the Basset Crew and Newf/Saint sidekicks!

Man Plans ~ God Laughs