[Dailydrool] Mier & epilepsy

Frans Breytenbach soilkraft at mylan.co.za
Thu May 9 21:27:10 PDT 2013

Just a word to say thank you to all the droolers who responded to my e-mail regarding the epileptic fits that Mier suffers from. To put it in perspective : He used to get approximately one per month. On Sunday he had three and on Monday he had three. On Tuesday he was fine again. We can as yet not define a triggering mechanism, except that he gets very agitated when we leave to go to town. The francolins also have a certain warning call when they spot predators. Mier has picked this up and he gets excited far beyond normal.

Anyway. The vet put him on medication and we have to find the correct dose to be administered. We must also watch him for any other abnormalities. Considering his previous life on the waste site, something may have happened to him there.

Frans Breytenbach