[Dailydrool] Leg Lifting

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:57:19 PDT 2013

Not sure what triggers it, whether it is hormonal (what I suspect)or a case
of mimicry (I know homes with one dog and the dog lifts his leg so I tend
to doubt this.)
HOWEVER.
At the specialty, Doc watched the big males with great caution and a high
degree of intensity.Keeping in mind that he is intact, he was especially
aware of the males.
After a day of watching, he began lifting his leg and marking, albeit a bit
wobbly.
I would tend to believe it was the heady scent of mega-testosterone in the
air that triggered a hard-wired response.
My intact male Basset-- Conley, lifts his leg. Not far, but a definite
hoist. Llewis is neutered and much less likely to lift.
All my other males, even neutered, have been leg lifters.

MomPerson to Conley (I'll get it, I'll get it move aside, boy) Doc (I'm
taller I got it, I got it) Llewis (why bother?) Nigel (I would if I could.)