[Dailydrool] Snoopy checking in

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 22 10:37:43 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's Snoopy here,

We have had all kinds of weather here in Northern California.  First it got warm
and dry and we insisted and the clueless momPerson set up our outside living
space now that the rains are over.  She rolled out the carpet for the patio and
uncovered all of the furniture and spruced every thing up.  Then it rained on
all her stuff (it was a fluke, it never rains in May here) and she blamed ME.
Like I had anything to do with the weather.  For goodness sakes it is OUTDOOR
furniture and rugs, it can get rained on once or twice a year, silly momPerson,
no wonder everyone says she is clueless.  It was VERY hot on Monday, 92
degrees.  And then on Tuesday it only got up to 70.  As you can see the weather
here cannot make up it's mind.  momPerson says we should be grateful we don't
live in the midwest and she has us drooling for all of those who do.  Scary
pictures ..... we send soothing thoughts and best wishes to all those impacted.

The clueless momPerson has gardening issues.  Again.  Apparently, many years ago
there was a girl dog (aren't they always the problem?) named Sugar Magnolia that
took exception to momPersons gardening.  Sweet Maggie was a digger and she would
remove any plant which was planted subsequent to her arrive here at the Rutz
home.  And so, the dadPerson made a dog run out of the far side yard.  It has
the whole side of the house, and 2 board fences.  The part that opens into the
back yard is a 6 foot chain link fence/gate.  Perfect for keeping a dog OUT.
Yup, they are all clueless at my home and they built a dog run and planted the
garden in it because for sure the dog couldn't get INTO the dog run.  I asked
momPerson about this once and she rambled on about how she wants the dogs with
her and won't lock them here or there (in runs or crates or whatever).  Believe
me I have had issues on this point, I showed up here CRATE TRAINED and the woman
wouldn't let me have a crate, didn't want one in her living room.  So I hid in
corners and under things ..... but I digress.  The problem girl dog now is
Gracie.  She eats everything.  momPerson doesn't mind sharing but after planting
and watering and weeding she does want to get some.  And Gracie leaves her
NOTHING.  This past winter momPerson got a little lettuce and some green onions
and a couple herbs.  Gracie ate every bit of broccoli and most of the snow peas.
and she has learned to climb the trellis too.

So, long story short, the clueless momPerson has been spending lots of time in
the our dog run, which we are NOT allowed in.  She has flowers and herbs and
tomatos and a strawberry patch and cucumbers and peppers and even some statues
in there and she is thinking of a fountain.  She closes the gate when she goes
in there and we all sit at the gate and we can see her but we can't get in
there.  It's a DOG RUN, she should let us in.  The only saving grace is she has
teenagers.  Who go in there to grab stuff like fresh strawberries.  And as
everyone knows teenagers are physically incapable of closing gates.  She is
going to have to wait a while for more strawberries.  Oh, and heirloom tomatos
too.  Yummy.  Well if you can't beat them, join them right?

More later from Snoopy