[Dailydrool] Daisry Mae to the bridge

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Mon May 27 05:22:56 PDT 2013

Last night we had a horrible evening, Daisey Mae was pacing she has been doing this a lot since we took in a youngster and she hates his nipping at her so I did not think too much of it and just petted her to calm her down, but then she puked some of the most horrible stuff I ever dealt with it was thick and white and stickey like marshmallow fluff and as I cleaned it up it came to me is she bloating? I called my vet but he was not home and then I gave her a Pepcid which has always helped in the past. She seemed to start to calm down but I looked at my bloat chart and was so afraid things were going to get worse soon so I awakened my husband from sleep and summoned him to get the car ready swooped Daisey into my arms and announced we are going to the emergency vet, as I held her in my arms on the way she stiffened up and cried relentlessly, I kissed her and cuddled her but knew her stomach had twisted as I held her and I knew my worst fear was a reality and felt guilty that I had not worried about her pacing sooner. I never want an animal to suffer and I feared something would happen like this I wanted her at peace we sped to the emergency vet but only to put her out of her misery she is gone out of pain now but not before she suffered. I feel so down,  I am so sorry I made my sweet girl suffer so.
I had never seen bloat before but had feared it many times, it is a horrible thing to witness please hug all of your houndies today and cherish every moment with them.