[Dailydrool] This & That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Mon May 27 05:24:17 PDT 2013

It seems to be a month for ear infections here. Jersey is on her last two
weeks of antibiotics and we'll go back to make sure all is well a week
after she finishes. We were out of town for a week and came back to our
Suzy Q Basset and an ear infection. Fortunately just yeast and not the
bacteria that Jersey had. I'm hoping that Shadow and Ginger don't follow
suit!

Our senior girl, Jersey, is the supreme counter cruiser. I swear this old
gal levitates! Absolutely NOTHING is safe on the counters no matter how far
back we put it. The DH regularly loses his lunches to her and the grandkids
have to guard their food with their lives. I think she sees them as easy
marks!

I have to chime in on the peeing thread. We have all Houndettes here and
they all squat to pee except Shadow. She squats when she's in the yard but,
when we go for a walk, she marks and lifts her leg like a male hound. We
always kind of laugh and wonder what she's thinking but that is just her
way I guess. None of the others do that, just our little ultra feminine
Shadow.

I'm always worried when these guys chew up something that they shouldn't.
They've gotten into spools of thread and my yarn a couple of times which
certainly can have disastrous consequences. They also got my hand quilting
bag open one time and chewed on the needle holder and opened the applique
pin box. I came downstairs to Suzy sitting there with a paw up and several
applique pins stuck in her paw! Poor girl! I felt pretty stupid calling the
vet to ask what to look for if someone swallowed part of a needle! The case
started out on my desk and was zipped closed but these guys won't hesitate
to raid my desk or cutting table.

Not much else going on here. We're getting ready to paint the house. One of
the guys has a bloodhound and all of them love our hounds so the Houndettes
will be getting some extra pets and loving the attention from the guys.

The Houndettes are sending get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger