[Dailydrool] Pierre had a bad day

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 17:50:19 PDT 2013

I found vomit in the upstairs hall and the living room this morning.  Because of the rainy cold weather and a little bit of fireworks because of Memorial day, some of the hounds have been off.  Not really sick, let's go to the Vet, but blah.  Pierre smelled like vomit, so I thought it might of been his.  I gave Jellybean a test ride in the new van, and as soon as she got out, she threw up, so it could be either or both.  Pierre got a test ride in the van, and he was in a big rush to get out, and he jumped out rather than letting me set up the ramp for him.  Pumpkin had a test ride too, and while I thought she would be the worst, she was the best so far.  When I got back with Pumpkin, I noticed Pierre was holding his right front leg up, and he was also chewing the pad of that foot.  I got him to the Vet ASAP, and when Dr. S. manipulated the shoulder, Pierre winced.  Ergo, Pierre stayed for x-rays.  He even got a bath, thank goodness.  The x-rays revealed a possible chip in the shoulder bone, and Dr. S. carefully explained the exact location, and he used the correct anatomical name which I forgot already, but it is a maybe.  Therefore, unless we do a CT, we are going forward with the knowledge that there is a possible chip, and for now, I will be treating him with pain meds and rest.  When Pierre was discharged, I walked him around the property to try to get him to pee.  I gave him a long time, and I looked at him and said "you are going to pee in the new (1 wk old) van, aren't you?"  Sure enough, that is what he did.  No matter, I had layers of protection, the bottom one being a nice Orvis brand waterproof seat cover that protected the entire bed.  For the ride home, I had him on a secure leash so he couldn't jump out again, and he does the ramp fine, he is just impatient.  He is in my bed right now, gave me an angry stare and a little grrrrrrr, but I laid next to him, and after a while, he put his head down and went to sleep.  He is still pretty "stoned".  I could not believe how "normal" and quiet the day was with out this tornado of a dog home.  No worries about the remote being stolen, no worries about counter cruising, stealing my sister's laundry, or anything from her for that matter, no worries about him getting into trouble, breaking open cases of bottled water, dragging the garbage up from the downstairs bathroom, etc, etc.  I guess you might say I had a boring and dull day.  I missed my monster so much all day, that I resorted to playing computer games, which is really not my style, but it was about the only thing I could attach focus to today while trouble boy was away.  All's well that ends well, he is home, and the Pierre "challenge" games shall begin again tomorrow, instead of computer games.  I am a huge Psych fan, and they have a lot of fun stuff on their Club Psych web site, and I only became emotionally invested in the web site a few weeks ago,  as they recently had the cutest basset puppy on an episode.  I am campaigning to get the basset pup to be a regular.  Also, I watch my dvd episodes when I exercise on the treadmill, and the episode I watched yesterday, there was a line mentioning a basset hound, so someone on the show has a basset connection I believe.
Healing drool to all in need, especially to Chris right now.  I know how sad you must be for having lost your Daisy Mae.  I send prayers to you as well.
Jackie and the Gypsy Van Hounds