[Dailydrool] Dollie and Brudder Elwood

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Thu May 30 05:18:27 PDT 2013

Momma here. Dollie had her eye apt yesterday, news was good, she has conjunctivitis with a small tad of infection. Doc tested her for glaucoma, and she said her numbers there are below normal, so we were thrilled there. She is on drops and antibiotics, and had a lot to say that because of this interruption in her day the bowl was late last night.  She also has a cyst on one of her nipples that we need to watch, any change and it will have to be removed.  She still motored on with her walk last night, but I do have to say she was ready to call it a day last night.

Then there is Elwood. Sigh. Brudder Elwood that has osteo arthritis and most of the time knows his limits. Last night he forgot. Hubby had him out for the stroll, to Elwood this is not a walk, but a sniff fest. If he sees folks out walking, he struts his stuff, the typical "look at me" basset.  I kept telling hubby to turn him around last night as Jake and I passed them and trotted on. Elwood refused, he decided he could go as far as Jake. Elwood was wrong. Her are Jake and I back home, and I go look and hubby and Elwood are stopped clear down the street. Being the good Momma, I grab my keys to the BUV and go fetch them both. Now this was a sight, hubby has the window down with a bag of poop dangling out of his hand, Elwood is barking in the backend, and here we go. I opened up the backend to get Elwood and the little scamp jumps out and lands hard on the drive.
Brudder Elwood is now limping this morning and will be resting today.
It is always something!!!!

Drool to all in need!

Debbie & the Virginia Beach Gang