[Dailydrool] Observation

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 07:44:44 PST 2013

My neighbors have a lovely little Border collie mix-- she may actually be
an English Shepherd. Anyway they have had several dogs since we moved here
in 1985.
This one I have known since she was a wee thing, and she has a perfectly
suitable name and yet when they talk about her they never say her name, but
refer to her as "my dog".

When I speak to strangers I may mention "my dogs" but if the conversation
continues, they end up with names: "My dog, Conley."

When I talk to someone I know very well, the dogs are referred to by name,
as are the rest of my family.

It just puzzles me, why they never say her name.

MomPerson to Conley, Llewis, Nigel and Doc