[Dailydrool] Sherlock's tummy

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 07:03:36 PST 2013

So sometimes, for whatever reason, Sherlock will not eat breakfast.
Usually, he's just not hungry and he'll eat a little later in the day.
Sometimes we'll have to bribe him to eat with extra special treats on his
food like green beans or cereal to get him going, but then he'll dig in.
Not today. Today, Sherlock spent an unusual amount of time in the yard
walking around kind of hunched over, and then he would streeeetch out as if
his tummy was hurting him.

So, I brought him in, tried to bribe him with no success, and proceeded to
cuddle him. His tummy is growling SO loud. I have a hearing loss, and I can
hear his tummy loud and clear over my almost deafness in my right ear when
he's laying next to me. Now he's over by the fireplace, passed out, and I
can no longer hear his tummy but I can tell it still hurts.

He's not bloating, at least I don't think he is, but if he keeps refusing
to eat I'm calling the vet. Typically these things pass -- he just has a
sensitive tummy sometimes -- but I'm still nervous about it. Just wondering
if I should be alarmed yet or not. I'm trying really hard not to be the
alarmist momma, but I am not very good at it.

Happy Saturday to you all. Watson and Sherlock send drool to all those who
need it.

Love,
Katie, Watson (who will gladly eat Sherlock's breakfast for him) and
Sherlock (not so bouncy today).