[Dailydrool] New Rules

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 13 11:54:41 PST 2013

Hi all, Snoopy here,

First off drool to all in need.  A special shout out to my buddy Ben who was kind enough to provide an update.  Glad to hear you are feeling better buddy!!  And to think Maggie has the same thing.  I had this almost a year ago (January), what a bloody mess that was, nearly gave the clueless momPerson a coronary.  I have made a full and complete recovery and am back to eating absolutely everything I can sink my teeth into (Ben, bread is one of my favorites too) and I wish the same to you both.

Now I have been having troubles with the she dogs here at my home.  There has been quite a to do about who sleeps where on the big bed.  Now when I first came to live here 3 years ago Cyrus (atb) slept on the foot of the bed and I slept on a dog bed beside it.  I was not well and not physically able to climb up on anything, 2 steps up to the front door was all I could manage.  Well, time went on and I got better and Cyrus and I would share the bed.  Then came LuLu who slept on my old dog bed for months while her health improved.  Finally I coaxed her up onto the bed and ushered her into my spot on the pillows between the parents.  And do you know the uppity thus and so took over my spot and wouldn't let me have it back?  So then Cyrus went to the bridge and Gracie came along and she wanted right up on the big bed and she would growl at ME to try to take my spot at the foot of the bed while LuLu had my spot on the pillows, so I took up ear
 grabbing BIG TIME.  Well, things have improved between us the last couple of months and we even play and wrestle and lay down together on the couch but the bed has remained a point of contention.  So I figured out a solution.  And here it is:

I sleep in the living room on the couch until dadPerson goes to bed (around 1am).  I then go in and sleep on the dog bed next to the big bed until breakfast (5:30 am).  I don't care who sleeps where on the big bed.  After breakfast we all go out and go potty.  After that NOBODY and I mean NOBODY better try to go down the hall in front of me or I'll clobber 'em.  PERIOD.  OUT of Snoopy's way, move over, don't even try it Gracie I will stand on you and scream at you get OUTTA Snoopy's way!!!!  So I charge down the hall and climb back in bed FIRST and take my coveted spot with my head on the pillows right in the middle.  And my momPerson gets back into bed and snuggles me for another hour or so until she gets up and gets dressed.

And that is how I solved the controversy here at my house.

More later from Snoopy, OEBE, Curator of missing objects who is a very smart basset and got the best deal here cause he gets to snuggle his mommy while she's mostly awake.