[Dailydrool] Good news for Horton!

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Fri Nov 15 10:38:40 PST 2013

A few hours ago, I had great news from Horton's vet in Quakertown. The
test to see if he had microfilaria (the larval form of heartworms) in
his bloodstream came back negative.

This is a big hurrah moment. It means that though he has adult
heartworms in him, the larvae are not there. That means we can give him
the heartworm preventative without having to take him to the vet's
office to be watched over for the day.

We are not out of the woods yet. We need to have him on the antibiotic
for a couple more months, then we will have him tested to see if he
comes up heartworm negative. But I have some hope that he may not have
to go through the nasty shots. Please keep sending drool in his
direction.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, especially Horton the HW+