[Dailydrool] the ever changing world of the triplets

Sue And David Autry sautry at cfl.rr.com
Tue Oct 1 17:01:29 PDT 2013

Dear family,

After MANY years of dogs in our bed, we have been sleeping without them now
for 4 nights.

We knew that Harvey (*bassador) should not be jumping up on a high log bed.
We KNEW better!!

Harvey has gotten so heavy(63 lbs) that he can no longer make the leap.
Thank doG we did not injure his spine.

Instead of making him the outcast, we have gated the bedroom, and all 3 are
sleeping, at present in the adjoining family room.

The first night I slept with them on the floor with cushions.

Harvey is 3 ½ and has always slept between hubby and I right on the pillows.

Tilly cannot jump, and has always slept on the floor beside my side of the
bed. She is 6 years (full red and white basset)

Phoebe, 4 yr old lab, has slept at the foot of the bed since 12 weeks of
age.

BIG change for all of us, but a necessary one.

I tell DH we WILL get through this.  One night at a time!

Last night was the best sleep for me until 3:30 am when I heard whimpering.
After some lovin ‘ and huggin’ they all went back to sleep, me too, until
5:30 am our usual wakeup.

New routines in the morning now.

We WILL get through this!!

I miss them already!  Sue