[Dailydrool] Another Voting Tip?

Ellen Cole erc2761 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:13:18 PDT 2013

Of course, this may be obvious for all those out there who are tech-savvy.
I'm hoping that others, like me, who AREN'T tech-savvy may find it helpful.

I noticed, before I was furloughed, that I was able to vote from my iPhone
while at work...but unable at home. I couldn't figure it out...I just made
sure to vote from my iPhone while at work! Therefore, since I've been
furloughed, I've been down to one vote per day instead of the three I'd
been doing...and stressing about it. That's why I was so grateful to get
the other tip yesterday.

I kept wondering, however, why I couldn't get the vote to work on my
iPhone. I could enter the challenge...I could search Basset Buddies in WI
and they displayed...*but the darned VOTE button was not
there!*Again...only when I tried at home.  So, I just clicked on my
settings
button on my phone and saw that my iPhone is linking to my home WiFi when
I'm at home. I turned that off...causing the iPhone to depend on it's own,
internal internet (I know I'm not using the right terminology...refer back
to paragraph #1)...and I returned to the Shelter Challenge and searched
Basset Buddies...and there was the vote button!

Even though I'm not back to work yet, I was able to vote three times
today...the usual way on my home computer, the new way with my new account
(tip from yesterday), AND with my iPhone! Hurray! Now if I can just get
back to work before the challenge is over...that will get me another vote
too..

Ellen & Miss Magnolia & GracieLou Flatbasset with Abigail & Oliver awaiting
us ATB