[Dailydrool] dog park

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 9 09:18:09 PDT 2013

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

I love the dog park, but I've got to agree with Bev here.  I still take my gang to the park, but I will hook them up and head them out in a new york minute if the wrong crowd shows up.  Now remember, we go to a neighborhood dog park where mostly regulars go and we have seen:

1)  Mothers bring children and FOOD (YUCK) into the park and sit at picnic tables and EAT and be shocked when dogs mobbed them and grabbed food out of their little hands (not my dogs, we were leashed up and headed for the gate by then) and one dog jumped UP on the table and the mother was screaming and ....... yeah .....

2)  A woman who has 3 wolves who periodically BITE other dogs who will turn her wolves loose inside the park "because she has eye balled who is there and determines the risk is low"

3)  People who bring large breeds like ridge backs and mastives who are known to be aggressive who will actively mount males and otherwise make a nusience of themselves while their owners say "oh, he likes to play like that."

4)  A perfectly sweet pupply who jumped up a mouthed a child who was RUNNING through the park chasing said puppy only to have the mother scream "HE BIT MY CHILD!!!!"

I take my dogs to the park.  Sometimes Snoopy and sometimes not.  LuLu never leaves my side.  Gracie likes to play with other dogs but she typically gives the humans a wide berth.

Be CAREFUL with a blind dog at the park, I promise you some idiot will grab him or hump him or otherwise bother him and then blame him if he gets frightened.  Maybe you could organize a basset (or just plain dog) meetup with other responsible owners instead.  My neighbor does that after his shepard/rotti mix got into it in the dog park.

Best,
Dale