[Dailydrool] Adm. JED's earache and admirals

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Thu Oct 17 05:04:22 PDT 2013

Lea:
You are on the right track, I think, starting the Adm. on the Blue Power
Ear Treatment. I used it successfully with my old pack, but recently
discovered its wonders all over again with Horton.

Horton had rather yeasty-looking ears a while ago. I started using the
ear treatment my vet always prescribes, with limited results. After
years of looking at nasty ears--some of them much more nasty than
this--I decided to try the BPET again. Naturally my usual pharmacy
couldn't order the right stuff, so I had to go to another pharmacy,
which forgot to call me when the ingredients were in. All this time
Hortie's ears were getting worse.

I started the treatment a little over a week ago. But Horton was not
cooperating. He'd let me do it in the morning, but at night he was
always nicely curled up on the couch or in his bed. Who could disturb
him? And who wanted gentian blue spots all over the living room? So I
treated Horton once a day, not the twice a day that is recommended. In a
few days, he started looking much better. By the end of a week, it was
cleared up.

I would not recommend only doing it once a day, if you can grab the Adm.
twice. But even when treatment is not optimal, it seems that this stuff
works. Of course, I think this was just a yeast infection, nothing more,
so that probably helped Horton along.

I swear by this stuff. It is cheaper than going to the vet yet again,
and as long as you're sure the eardrum is not punctured, it seems to be
safe. I could have spent a lot more and gotten worse results.

I do not know if you are aware that your Adm. is not the first one in
Drool history. Years ago, my Belvedere became admiral of the Good Ship
Lollipup. He was head of the imaginary fleet of the Basset Angels Being
Extraordinarily Sophisticated (an imaginary group made up of the good
bassets on the Drool, to counter the Order of the Evil Basset Empire).
For quite some time these two groups had cyber adventures, until they
were moved to the boards and eventually pretty much died out. The Good
Ship Lollipup took part in many adventures, with Adm. Sir Belvedere at
the helm. As he aged and seemed less able to take part, The GSL went
into dry dock.

Every time I hear of Adm. JED's adventures, I have fond thoughts of my
Adm., who has since gone to the Bridge (where perhaps he still commands
the GSL). Though JED is obviously more military than our Bel, my heart
is warmed whenever his stories hit the drool. Thanks for putting another
admiral in the Drool archives.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets