[Dailydrool] Bourdreaux ATB, Ben, Douglas & Those Heavy Burdened

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Thu Oct 17 12:52:10 PDT 2013

Upon hearing today's Drool, Adm. JED walked gravely to the bow of HMS
Certifiable, staring out to some distant shore for quite some time.

Houndservant believes Adm. searched horizon for glimpse of Rainbow Bridge,
hoping to catch sight of courageous Bourdreaux, newly stationed with the
Hounds Eternal squadron of the World Basset Union.

Adm. tried to hide wiping tear rolling down the corner of his mournful left
eye, down his magnificent muzzle.Houndservant saw, and said nothing.

Bourdreaux's temporary Tour of Duty is over; field promotion to permanent
posting of grace, perfect health, and frolic.

We shall look for his bright shining spirit when we cross into that sunny
field of perpetual play.

Adm. has special place in his heart for Hounds sheltered with beloved
Foster Houndservants, as Adm. was rescued from a mission gone foul as a
Very Young Officer (found roaming, in shock and abominable deprivation, the
streets of Bakersfield, CA) and would not command HMS Certifiable had
Foster Houndservants Sandee and Bear Fergusen (and sweet daughter Eden)
taken Adm.into their arms and hearts. Reassignment to Sonoma Admiralty Day
of Jubillee, indeed, for Adm. and humble Houndservant.

Adm. quite unhappy courageous Bourdreaux had very abreviated Tour of Duty
with faithful Houndservants Dottie and Don, however, thankful that Hound
Magestic had such love.

Adm.'s mournful Ahroo! Ahroo! Ahroo! sang out over the waves in honor of
their service, and Bourdreaux's valient fight against that dastardly
cancer. Adm. seconds fellow Drooler's comment that Bourdreaux should enjoy
the Big Basset Buffet constantly laid out ATB. No worries about fat content
or anything else!  Happy Hound Eternal! Feast Early, Eat Often! B'Olympic
(Basset Olympics) Counter Crawling Official ATB Sport!

Adm. sends barrels of Naval Drool to Ben, Houndservant Douglas, and all
Hounds and Houndservants heavy burdened by illness, the ghosts of abuse
past (thank Basset for Prozac!) or the depredations of age. It is at these
times that Houndservant benefits most from the magic and magnificence of
Hounds Majestic, for in having Adm (and Foster dogs--time to get another
one!) companionship, Houndservant knows that all will be well, ultimately,
while muddling through the aching hard times. Bassetude and Hound Heart
amazing, indeed.

Adm. suggests to one and all that we set an alarm to-day to spend as many
minutes in singular Bassitude as possible, rubbing our lumpy/bumpy/frumpy
Hounds Majestic with their silky ears and healing drool.

Certainly helps Houndservant get through the day.

Leftenant Lea Pierce, Dogrobber and Houndservant to Adm. JED "Snatch" Basset
Sonoma Admiralty/Pacific Basset Feet
By order of Golden Gate Basset Rescue