[Dailydrool] Baking Basset Babe treats

paula bohaty pmoonbo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 11:38:46 PDT 2013

Well It's Saturday and the day I usually get around to making those
homemade treats the Bo Bassets love...what a week ...the news of all the
tragic deaths of pets from prepackaged store boughts treats.
So much research on the web of what is really in the treats that major food
manufactures are putting in our babes treats n food.
Please avoid products,so easy to make your own.
I feed Natures Variety Raw kibble,its expensive but the payoff for a
healthy basset babe is so worth it.
My Angus has a wheat allergy and will paw those ears n itch his whole body
to high heaven..and the smell of his skin will drive you out of the room.
Not the usual basset funk,a giant frito factory funk!!! With much research
I switched both my babes to Natures Variety Raw Kibble and within three
days...life began again...all problems gone,and have not returned in one
years time. This company has testimonals on their website that go on for
days. All products made in Nebraska using whole real foods.
Now...treats..
I pitched every store purchased treat and found many good recipes on the
web. I kinda developed my own.
Use what you have and what your basset babe can tolerate.
My recipe...first I don't measure,just mix it all together in a bowl and
use what I have on hand.
Rice flour,2 eggs,1/3to 1/2 cup peanut butter,chicken soup
stock,carrots,oatmeal. Mix up,rollout,cut like a cookie. Bake in 325degree
oven for 35 minutes. I generally flip the treats over once in the baking
process. At 35 minutes I turn oven off and let them dry in the oven for an
hour. Pop into a ziplock and into the fridge or freezer. No stabilitzers so
must refrigerate.
I cannot even imagine the pain so many people who have lost a babe due to a
store purchased food treat can go on,my prayers are with them. We cannot
stop the big manufacture who claim that their products are safe as they are
made in the USA...all use fillers that are very scary.
Much love n drool puddles to all!
Paula Bo
Bo Bassets, Agatha n Angus.