[Dailydrool] Nigel and tracking

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:53:21 PDT 2013

I think Nigel could probably track easily in his wheels. The problem is
terrain and yes, it would have to be modified. But the point of tracking is
that the dog can find something anywhere-- over rough land or in town. (we
never got to the in-town part.) So they have to be able to handle
barriers-- logs, ditches, boulder-- stairs, curbs, etc.
Nose work is probably a more likely activity for Nigel.
The last time we tracked he failed, but he failed because he took a
cross-track: something he has NEVER EVER done. LOL. Rats. I would have
loved to have gotten his TDX.