[Dailydrool] the Houndie Holiday Fair

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 20:43:28 PDT 2013

I've been receiving some positive interest for the idea of a Holiday Bazaar/ Craft Fair to benefit the struggling smaller rescues.

this really cheers me up. something to look forward to. Here's how I envision it working. those of us who make things each make something-- doesn't need to be major, just fun and Basset related. (I'm thinking of making something quilted).  those who would rather choose an item off their Basset shelf, that's cool too. (I have a fabulous Basset birdhouse that needs repainting but can be refurbished). and those of us prone to whimsy can put together a "package" (I have a half dozen weird Basset Easter cards my brother sent me. I have a lambchop dog toy, and add in some lamb treats and a basket and it will be a perfect Basset Easter basket). then the last week in November we list our items for auction on Houndsbay and designate the rescue that will benefit from the sale! I have in mind the littLe rescues like WMBRI, San Diego, BARCSE, 4 the Hounds, Suncoast, but, hey, any rescue the donor chooses is way cool. then we all do our holiday shopping. How cool and easy. Lets do it. I'll keep beating the drum.

And, please, anyone who can send me a ten inch by ten inch cotton scrap of fabric with bassets--a T shirt front, a piece off a bolt, you name it, please do, and I'll turn it into a quilt. My address is 73-4196 Eluna Street, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. semper fido. Val