[Dailydrool] Kelvin ATB 9-2-2013

Damien S Kraus dkrausga at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 18:19:23 PDT 2013

For those of you who remember Kelvin, my kill shelter rescue back in
December of 2008 who was half weight and had renal failure when we
picked him up.....

He defied all vet predictions with his own flair, living far past the
June 2009 date first given and again last year when we were told he had
weeks to live in March 2012.  He spent his last day sunning himself as
usual.  He had a drink a little after 7 this evening but at dinner time,
8pm, he wasn't waiting at the door.

He was old, best guess around 16 or so, he was battling prostate cancer,
renal failure, heart failure.  We've been letting him tell us what he
wants for the last year, he's been happy, ornery, stubborn, hungry, and
in general his same self right up until this evening.  What finally
caught up to him we can't say but he was found looking very peaceful and
in his normal day time napping spot.

Carmen and the Bassets of Mayhem who are currenly searching frantically
for Lord Chipdip of Hushpuppy