[Dailydrool] Old dog not eating

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Tue Sep 3 21:53:56 PDT 2013

Advice needed from old-dog owners. Sara is 15 going on 16 (Dec) and
keeps losing weight slowly but steadily. Partly because she goes off her
food for a day or two and has to be teased back with desperation
concoctions. Then she'll be an eager-eater for a few days, but throws it
all up a few hours later -- not every day, just every two or three days.
She doesn't act sick (and yes, we've been to vet). For the last few days
she's been on rice and some pre-soaked kibble (threw that up) and
tomorrow will get just rice and chicken. She's fed twice a day -- we're
thinking of trying smaller amounts 3 times a day. Question is, what
should we try next? Canned food only (PD or similar)? She won't touch
yogurt. Usually won't eat cottage cheese, but was hungry after throwing
up tonight's dinner and ate about a cup full of cottage cheese offered
later. She also is surprisingly un-thrilled by cooked ground beef.
Suggestions?
Riche