[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge- checking standings

Lisa Turnquist turnq007 at umn.edu
Tue Sep 10 12:38:04 PDT 2013

Continued thanks to everyone for voting for Basset Buddies in the Challenge.
Exciting to know we are even getting support from Penny and Polly's mom in
France!  I just checked and BBR is 3/100th of a point ahead of the
Airedales.  Can you believe it?  To check the standings go to
http://www.shelterchallenge.com/ and first vote for BBR of course.  Then
click on the current standings tab near the top in the purple band.  Then in
the Results Charts section click on 2013 Summer: US State.  Then pick the
state of WI.  You will see Basset Buddies and the Airedales battling it out.

As a reminder of the good your voting efforts go toward:  BBR has a sweet
dog named Lily that just came in to our rescue with her breeding partner
Brutus.  She had a suspicious soft mass between her legs.  Her spay was
today.  We wondered was it a mammary tumor of fatty cyst or?  The vet called
to inform us that it was her uterus!  During the last delivery her abdominal
wall must have torn and part of her uterus had been hanging out until the
family decided to get rid of her. It was the size of my fist.  Poor dear
dog, how painful that must have been.  She is on the mend now though in my
mind I am hoping the male person that made money by selling her puppies
develops a hernia of his own so he can see what it feels like.  Lily sends
special get well wishes and drool to Debbie.

Lisa and the MN Woofers- Hank, Zuzu, Rae and BBR foster Vinny

Basset Buddies Rescue www.bbrescue.org