[Dailydrool] einstein

Nancy Cohen nursenancy4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:38:07 PDT 2013

einstein is losing his sight in his one good eye from a cataract that has
gotten larger....the pressure from the glaucoma is good ... 11.  the vet
does not recommend removing the cataract which is easy but he is afraid of
the inflammation that will result that may send his pressure skyrocketing.
 we had a long discussion and we decided to let einstein slowly lose the
sight because it will give him time to adapt to this change.  he doesn't
see much at this point, but he has done a good job of mapping the house and
his walking route.  he seems happy, and responsive and now plays the find
the cookie game without cheating and peeking because he can't.  it is sad
because he is such a good dog, but this is not a "death sentence" and he
will learn to live with this disability.  i have already taught him lots of
key words to keep him safe while he still had normal sight and this is
comforting to him, and he is not afraid of "the dark".......this makes our
already tight bond even closer, he is such a momma's boy.......nancy,
marty, einstein and spirit the parrot