[Dailydrool] question for droolers

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Wed Sep 18 21:39:36 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

 Rocky will be 13 on New Year's Eve and has a lot of physical  issues,
especially lately.   He spent over a week in the ER a few  months ago with a
pancreatitis attack and shortly thereafter was diagnosed with  Cushing's
Disease.   This is in addition to a heart murmur, thyroid  issues, ear treatments
needed monthly, eye infections, and others.    He takes several medications
lately including Gabapentin for pain twice a day  and Tremadol if needed for
pain.

Maddie is now seven and has gotten very aggressive with him.    She will
attack him at times to try and get the rest of his food or whatever  treat he
is still eating (he eats a lot slower than her and while I separate  them to
eat, she will still finish first and come in to see if he has anything
left).   She has now started attacking him for no reason at all - he  will just
be lying down someplace and she will go after him.  This morning  she got
his ear in her mouth and made one puncture wound and a slice down  his ear.
Tonight she went after him while he was just lying down and  in separating
them, she got me on the arm, drawing blood.

I said that we should get a muzzle for her tomorrow to keep her from
attacking and biting.   My husband told me to post this on Daily Drool  and see
if anyone has had this problem before and what they did about it.   Is a
muzzle the answer?    I can't be next to them 24/7 and I  don't want her hurting
him.    He has such bad arthritis now that  he has trouble getting up and
moving and sometimes has to drag his rear end  behind him for several feet
before he can get it up off the ground.    He has been such a sweet boy his
whole life and doesn't deserve this  treatment.   We got Maddie from rescue
when she was four (I  think) and she has always been really needy.  She gets
plenty of  attention.   She sleeps with me - Rocky can't get up on the bed of
 course and hasn't been able to for a long time.

Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Carol