[Dailydrool] Please help Sophie

Pam Farris savethebassets at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 27 13:48:10 PDT 2013

Basset Rescue of Florida took in a 1 year old basset girl.  She was very underweight but we thought healthy - she had her spay surgery and she has been in a decline for the last 3 days.  We rushed her to the vet yesterday when it was obvious that she was not getting better and she has been in the vetspital ever since.  The vet is having a difficult time determining what is wrong with this sweet little girl.  She so far has tested negative for parvo,  her bloodwork is good but she is very depressed, not eating and vomiting and has diarrhea - it sound like parvo and is acting like parvo but she is testing parvo negative.  The vet is giving her supportive treatment and has her on antibiotics (by shot) and anti nausea drugs (also by shot) and trying to get her to eat something.  She has an IV and is getting fluids.  She is having an xray this afternoon.

All of this care is expensive and is beyond our small rescue's pocketbook.  We are not having general fundraisers any more - just raising money for specific dogs.  We are asking for your help for Sophie.  We are going to continue to fight for her and hope we can either discover what is wrong or it resolves on its own - we just want her to pull through.

If you can help, no matter how much,   please give to Sophie's care.  Here is the link:
https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/sweet-sophie-is-very-sick/91675

I will be adding her picture later on this afternoon.

Thanks!

Pam Farris
Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc.
www.BassetRescueFlorida.com