[Dailydrool] Gender and Bassets - my humble opinion

Laura Moravinski loumo38 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 28 13:48:42 PDT 2013

I love this topic!  Since I was very little, I have always preferred dogs to be males and cats to be females.  This was solidified when I got my first (and so far only) dog, Harry.  Aside from being my heart dog, he was the epitome of what I love about male dogs.  The goofiness, the dependability, the expressiveness.  I had many fosters in my home, both males and females, and although I loved them all in their own way, the males tended to dig alittle deeper into my heart.  I grew up having 3 brothers so the only other female in my home was my mom.  Perhaps that jaded me a bit towards feeling more comfortable with males?  (Yes, having three brothers sometimes made me feel like I was living in a pack of wild dogs).  Cats are so independent that for me, having it be female is just natural.  We got my daughter a kitten for her birthday last year and it is, of course, a female.  When I finally take that step to adopt another dog, it will definately be a male.

So there it is....a glimpse into the Moravinski household psyche.  You asked!  : )

Laura and Harry ATB