[Dailydrool] Debbie

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:17:27 PDT 2013

Spoke briefly to Deb tonight. She was sick with pain all day.
She took a lot of pain meds but I don't think it helped too much. It
literally takes her breath away.

She talked about feeling badly that she has not been able to answer more
cards and thank people for gifts. I told her I didn't think people expected
her to be doing that right now.

I have to say I have deliberately underplayed a lot of her problems. The
tumor is in a spot where it presses on nerves that radiate to her chest and
back. Wearing a bra is very painful. Her skin on her back is becoming
burned by the radiation. She is truly unable to eat, and often when she
does she vomits over and over and over and over. She has thrush in her
mouth that hurts, makes her mouth bleed, stinks, tastes terrible and
changes the way whatever goes into her mouth tastes. What little she can
eat, hurts.

So if you are waiting for a thank you, and not many of you are, you may be
waiting awhile. She cannot even sit long enough to read her email. Now and
then she is able to look at FB.

She appreciates terribly the outpouring of support and love that she has
experienced, and she wants everyone to know how grateful she really is.
There are no words that really express her deep gratitude. So know that all
who have sent cards and gifts and drool and hugs are hereby thanked, and
loved in return. You have her back. Nobody could ask for more. To all of
you you are wonderful. For Debbie, thank you all, from the bottom of her
heart.

Don't stop believing. Don't stop caring for each other.