[Dailydrool] Lymphoma

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 29 03:40:08 PDT 2013

Just my two cents on the subject...
I hope for you  Colt has B cell lymphoma as it is the more gentle form of the cancer.
Max has t-cell lymphoma, and he is doing chemo, has been since March, and he is now in remission.  He has good and bad days, mostly good, and he is so spunky that he got in a food fight with Nigel on Thursday.  He got a little nick, Nigel got a little nick and I got the big nick on my knee thanks to Max.  My fault for breaking them up, and it was Max who started the argument.  Thank goodness Pierre jr. didn't join in or there would have been real trouble.
Max's oncologists are Dr. Post and Dr. Linderman.  Dr. Post  comes to Long Island once a week, and his primary center is the Veterinary Cancer Center in CT.  There is a web site for the practice.  Dr. Linderman was trained by Dr. Post, and he is excellent as well.
For Max, we are treating him with the MOPP protocol.  You can email me privately if you need more information.
Chemo is expensive, but he is my sister's dog, and she can afford it.
Side note about JP...
He is really doing well, and he is really showing signs of improvement.  He is "starving", however, and I am standing strong about not overdoing treats anymore.  I am feeding him Hills metabolic canned and dry food, using the daily measured amount as a treat when he barks for food.  He likes it.  I will start to cut up raw veggies for him, as well, something I wasn't doing for a while because of his chronic diarrhea, but with the new food his poops are great.  He is down from almost twenty pills a day to 6, and in time, I hope to get him back to his normal two cosequin ds daily.   He still is on 5mg pred a day, theolophylline 150mg BID, and one Tylenol 500 mg a day.  He doesn't seem to have pain anymore (back legs), but he was on tramadol (2 50 mgs 3X a day) and Tylenol 500 BID, and I have been slowly weaning him off the pain meds, starting with the Tramadol.
He had me smiling ear to year yesterday, and what started off as a sour note morning got really sweet and happy because JP did the dreaded long stair case on his own (8 steps), the first time in months, because he didn't want to be downstairs without me.  I usually stay downstairs with him, but I was making HB eggs, and had to tend to that.  He just surprised me by joining me in the kitchen.  Of course, he got half an egg yolk for his effort, as did all the hounds.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the Gypsy Van Hounds