[Dailydrool] Blue Power and welcome Sir Halfred

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:04:45 PDT 2014

I did love reading about Gracie's vet adventure and rescue, it put a big smile on my face today.
Blue Power - I do the blue power with witch hazel instead of rubbing alcohol, so it doesn't burn if their ears are inflamed.
We are sending drool to everyone that needs it, and we have plenty here to go around.  If you got our Christmas card, I had our foster Hal from Basset Buddies (WI) on it, because he was too cute not to include.  We foster failed in January and he drools even better than Wulfgang.  So please welcome our senior hound Hal, who Brian has dubbed Sir Halfred of Edenbrook.  He enjoys long tours of his estate (walks with Brian) and perhaps a spot of tea afterward.  With a scone or 3.  I was calling him Hally and Brian didn't like that because it sounded too girly.  So now he is Sir Halfred, the Knight Protector of Heidi the Fairy Princess and Official Teacher of Manners to Wulfgang the Adorable.  Hally was much shorter.  He is a sweet boy, somewhere around 9 or so.  His paperwork said 12, but the vet said between 8 and 10.  He loves his walks and is very good at slave training, when he doesn't get a long enough walk he makes sure we are watching and turns his back on us with a loud harrumph.   To get back into his favor requires biscuits and groveling.  And a walk.  He also does the same thing after a vet visit, that however requires cheeseburgers to correct, as well as a long walk and lots of groveling.  He is perfect, and we are very glad to have him.
Heidi had her first gotcha day in March, it was bittersweet because it was a week after we lost Gunter a year ago.  She is doing very well, will actually cuddle with Brian now (she is afraid of men), and that is wonderful to see.
Wulfie is happy, he has Heidi to play with, Hal to snuggle with and as many bellyrubs as he wants.  The c at ts like Hal, they think he is a giant heating pad, and they all curl up around him on the couch.  Life is good.
Love and drool to everyone that needs it,
Kim with Hal, Wulfgang, Heidi, Gunter atb and the c at ts