[Dailydrool] Lily

Nana nanabasset at ymail.com
Sun Apr 20 19:33:14 PDT 2014

Yesterday my beloved Lily was sent to the bridge.
She bravely battled diabetes, hyperlipidemia, pancreatitis & blindness for a year. Thursday was the turning point, eating was not desired, drinking minimal water amounts (as a diabetic she used to drink massive amounts of water). She was lethargic, seemed off, not wanting to walk anymore, i kept thinking maybe she is just dehydrated. But we had to let her go, she was very sick, she was suffering.

I am heartbroken and numb. She was my heartdog, my first basset. She was the Alpha and even blind, ruled her pack with an iron paw. My Sweet. Lily, my baby. 10 years seem too few :-(

Heartbroken in VA,

Mercie

Mom 2 Sadie, Daizie Mae, Lily*atb*, BigLily*atb* & Katie Bug*atb* :-(

Sent from Mercie's iPad

Sent from Mercie's iPad